We're happy to provide free yarn winding for any yarn purchase at our online or brick & mortar shop! *Please note that wound yarn is not returnable*
How it Works:
- In Store: Just ask!
- On Our Website: Just let us know in the “Notes” section in your shopping cart when placing your order online. This note section will not appear at checkout but can be accessed by clicking the bag icon at the top right of your screen & then "view cart".
- Please allow extra time for winding. This may take only a few minutes, or during a busy weekend, it may take a few hours in between helping other customers (online orders may be delayed until our next USPS pickup). We may suggest that you leave your items for us to finish winding while you check out one of the other amazing businesses on our street!
- That's it!
Steve Kraft of Mr. Repair, Inc. is now offering sewing machine services at our shop! Steve has been servicing machines since 1986, accepts all brands of sewing machines & sergers, & offers everything from cleanings & adjustments to repairs.
How It Works:
- Make sure to bring your electric cord and foot control. Leave your bobbin case in the machine with thread on your bobbin.
- Drop off your machine with our staff at the front registers during store hours (M-Sat 10-6, Sun 10-5). We'll collect your machine, contact info & what service you'd like performed onto a service ticket & pass those on to Steve who will pick up and drop off machines every Tues at 11:30am.
- Steve will contact you to discuss the cost of the repair before beginning any work & let you know when your machine should be ready.
- On/After the ready date, pay the agreed upon amount at our front registers & collect your machine. That's it!.
- Cleaning, Oiling, & Tension Adjustments: $109.95 and up
- Elna, Pfaff, Bernina, Viking, & electronic machines: $149.95 and up
- Sergers: $189.95 and up
We're proud to partner with Devin James Fry of The Sharpist to offer drop-off sharpening service via a convenient, user-friendly locker system! Devin has over 13yrs of experience with a multitude of blades.
How It Works:
There is no minimum order size, just:
- Bring your order wrapped safely in a towel or something similar, to the lockers at the back of the retail shop (to the right of the fireplace) during store hours (M-Sat 10-6, Sun 10-5).
- Fill out one of Devin's super simple order forms located on the fireplace mantle
- Place your form & order in one of the lockers & lock it with the provided padlock.
- Devin will contact you with your total & payment options when your order is complete. Please do not call or message us or The Sharpist early to check on your order, you will be notified via text/email as soon as it is ready.
- Collect your order from the specified locker by using the last 4 digits of your phone number. That's it!
Lockers will be serviced every two weeks on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month. Rush orders are not accepted, but if you can get your order to the lockers by about 10:30am on the scheduled service days, your order will be ready for pickup sometime that afternoon!
Size Considerations: Our lockers are 12" x 12" x 12", making them ideal for cutlery, scissors including pinking shears, and small tools. The longest dimension that these lockers can accommodate is 19" on the diagonal. Please keep that in mind when choosing the blades you want serviced as we cannot accept any blade that does not fit in the lockers.
- Knives including serrated & ceramic: $1/inch with a $5 per-item min
- Scissors including pinking shears: $5-$25 depending on type and condition, with most being $5-$10.
- Repairs, if they're needed, add a few dollars apiece depending on severity.
- Auxiliary kitchen blades, garden tools, other tools: $5-$15 depending on type and condition.
- Specialty gouges, chisels, elevators, planer blades, etc: $5-$25 apiece with most being $5-$10 apiece.
Our largest classroom space is available to the community for the fee of $10/hr Mon-Fri, 12-5pm. Please note that this is a large classroom environment & you may be sharing the space with other crafters. We've met some of our very best friends this way & we hope you will too!
What is included in your rental:
High quality, well-maintained equipment like sewing machines (including various machine feet), sergers, large cutting tables, cutting mats, quilting rulers, rotary cutters & fabric scissors, irons, pins, pattern weights, etc.
Upon special request, we also have leather punches, mallets, & rivet setting tools for use!
Consumables like thread, fabric, buttons, zippers, patterns, tracing paper, & one on one instruction. Although our staff will be in the shop to help answer questions, this is self-led rental that assumes you know how to use the machines & tools available. If you need a refresher, we have scheduled Sewing & Serger classes listed here!
How It Works:
- Bring all the supplies you need for the project you want to work on (fabric, pattern, thread, buttons/zippers, etc.
- Please note that we also currently require masks in our classrooms, so make sure to bring one!
- Check in with our staff at the front registers
- We'll take your name & open a tab for you (in case you need to stay longer than intended or wish to pick up notions as you continue.
- As you leave, check out at the registers! That's it!
Private Classes and Space Rental For Parties:
Please contact us at email@example.com & let's get something on the calendar!