Eco Packaging at Fancy Tiger Crafts
When you receive your supplies in the mail from us, you’re not only supporting a small business and about to open some sweet crafting supplies, you’re also opening some pretty awesome sustainable packaging.
We think a lot about climate change at Fancy Tiger Crafts & are continually reassessing our footprint and the impact that sourcing has on our planet. We’re pleased to announce that after much research, we‘ve overhauled the shipping supplies that carry your orders to you.
When you shop online with us, your goods will be packaged in the safest, most environmentally-friendly shipping supplies we could source. On the rare occasion that we need to protect your items a little extra, we'll reuse bubble wrap or bags that were sent to us by suppliers & ask that you reuse it again, or recycle it wherever plastic bags are accepted for recycling near you.
- Boxes: Almost all sizes are FSC certified, 100% recyclable, made from 95% post-consumer content & made locally in Colorado. The rest are sustainably made from 100% recycled materials and made in the USA.
- Shipping Bags: 40-90% post-consumer paper, printed with water-based ink, compostable & recyclable
- Shipping Labels: Virgin paper but uses environment-friendly glue
- Packing Paper: SFI certified, sustainably made in the USA, biodegradable, compostable & recyclable
- Packing Tape: Renewable, recyclable, compostable and biodegradable, plant-derived (corn) adhesive & backing, made in the USA
- Invoice Paper: FSC Certified, 100% recyclable with 100% post-consumer fiber
And to go one step beyond that, all of the electricity used while we package your supplies is offset with Wind Energy Credits!
Please reach out with any questions you have on any of this! We're happy to share where we source all of these & hope to help everyone to make the switch away from plastics, damaging chemicals and paper goods that aren’t forest-friendly!
Leave a comment