Inspired by unspun roving-style yarns, three woolen-spun strands of lofty American Targhee-Columbia wool are gently twisted together to create this plump, chunky weight yarn with handcrafted appeal. We love Quarry for cables and textural stitchwork in warm yet lightweight sweaters, coats, blankets, and accessories. Wet block after knitting to reveal Quarry’s full beauty.
- 3-strand woolen-spun mock twist construction
- 23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
- Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
- Stock dyed at Tintoria Piana U.S in Georgia
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
- 100% developed, sourced, processed, dyed and spun in the USA.
As a result of its plush woolen-spun construction, Quarry works well at a wonderful range of gauges:
- 3 - 3½ stitches to 1"
- Suggested Needle: 6 - 8 mm (US 10 - 11)
- Suggested Hook: 6.5 - 9 mm (US K-10½ - M-13)
Quarry is a handcrafted product. For best results, we recommend alternating skeins when joining in a new skein for even color distribution.
Since Quarry’s three strands are unspun, you’ll find that Quarry may twist between the ball and your needles as you work. Simply run your fingers gently along the working yarn toward the ball if the twizzles begin to interfere with your knitting.
Quarry ends left to dangle will unravel, so weave them in as you go or use a Felted Join when adding in new yarn.
When you need a little more tensile strength, whether for seaming or because you’re about to put a group of stitches under pressure with a big cabling maneuver, simply twirl your working yarn a few revolutions in the direction of the ply twist to strengthen it.