This modern plant art kit is an enjoyable way to ease into flat needle felting. Simply fill in the printed fabric picture with wool, similar to working with an embroidery or cross-stitch pattern. This is the felting equivalent of paint-by-number. Display it in a special place, or gift it to your plant-loving friend or family member.
Felting time: around 5 hrs. depending on individual felting speed.
Kit is beautifully packaged and includes:
- Beginner's Guide to Needle Felting (a bit of general information)
- Instruction Sheet with tips and techniques
- Link to video instructions (highly recommended!)
- Two color-coded felting needles in a handy paper tube
- Felting wool
- Linen fabric pattern (printed in color)
- High quality 7 in. wooden hoop
- Muslin fabric square
You will also need:
Scissors and glue to secure the picture in the hoop once it is finished.
A mat to use as a work surface. Choose from foam or wool. Foam is the most economical but wears out the fastest. Wool is eco-friendly, very long lasting and works particularly well for this project but is a higher up front investment.
This kit is intended for adults and kids over 10 yrs. who possess good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with focus and care. (Caution - felting needles are sharp!)