You asked for it, here it is! This is an additional mending class. If you enjoyed the original class, this would take your skills even further.
Mending All Around: Woven Fabrics is not required to take this additional mending class. We are covering how to mend knits and stretchy (knit) fabric items (sox, sweaters, t-shirts, etc.) No experience necessary, don’t worry we can teach you! If you have experience and just want to be more confident and learn new techniques on non-woven-knit materials this class is for you too!
In this class we will go over darning sox, fixing moth holes/rips in sweaters, t-shirts or your favorite yoga pants. This class will focus more on the best stitches to use for this, how mending on knit fabrics is different from woven fabrics and how to incorporate color and applique designs. And finally how to care for your mended item.
- Items to be mended
- Thimbles if you use them
- Any of the following mending threads that you would like to use: yarns, embroidery floss, cotton crochet thread, pearl cotton thread and any ephemera that you want to incorporate (You don’t need them all. If you are unsure, we will have some of these to work with at the workshop)
- Thread conditioner if wanting to use thread
- Yarn needles and chenille needles
- Any fabrics that you want to try applique designs with
- ¼ yard of fusible interfacing, if wanting to do applique designs
- Darning mushroom