Making Memories: Timeless Knits for Children is a charming collection by Claudia Quintanilla. It includes 25 knits for children — from cardigans, sweaters and two cosy blankets to smaller pieces, like socks and mittens. The majority of patterns are graded from newborns to 10-year-olds and feature various yarns as well as knitting techniques. What about a colorwork pullover, an all-over lace scarf or an embroidered cardigan? The classic knits combined with the dreamy photography and playful illustrations create a children’s knitwear book unlike anything seen in this genre before.
Claudia Quintanilla is a yarn shop owner and knitwear designer based in Toronto, Canada. Originally from El Salvador, Claudia found the colder climate of Canada to be the perfect setting for knitting. However, it wasn’t until she stayed at home to care for her young daughter, that she found the rare combination of pleasure, tranquility and passion in knitting. This journey culminated in the founding of her Toronto-based brick-and-mortar yarn shop, Eweknit & Craft. Making Memories is her second book.
- 184 pages
- 25 knitting patterns (9 sweaters, 7 cardigans, 1 vest, 2 socks, 1 scarf, 1 pair of mitterns, 1 pair of fingerless mitts, 1 hat, 2 blankets)
- Hardback with fabric cover (Print only, no digital download code available.)
- Weight: Approx. 700 g / 1.55 lb
- Dimensions: 196 x 231 x 20 mm
- Printed in Latvia.
- Patterns are graded into various sizes, mostly from newborns to 10-year-olds.