This class is two sessions, please ensure you can attend both sessions. Both sessions are two hours, 5:30-7:30
Knit a cute headband while learning new techniques!
In this class, students will learn new skills to create a seamless headband. This headband is knit in the round, so no purling is required!
Techniques Covered in this Class
- Provisional Cast On
- Kitchener Stitch
Techniques to be Comfortable With Before Class
- Basic Knit Stitches: Knit and Purl
- Decrease Stitches: K2tog and SSK
- Knitting in the Round
Aurora Headband by Megan Nodecker - please purchase and have this pattern before class. You may also buy this at Fancy Tiger Crafts, but please allow time for us to print the pattern before class.
- DK (189 yds), Worsted (185yds) or Aran (183 yds) weight yarn
- A 32" circular to work Magic Loop or DPNs
- DK: US 6
- Worsted: US 7
- Aran: US 8
- Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- 2 Extra DPNs or spare circular needles for joining after the twist
Please knit a 30 stitch x 30 row stockinette gauge swatch before coming to class.
*Please note that for the safety of our community and staff, we require a properly worn mask for all in-person events.
Photos- Credit © Megan Nodecker