This class is two sessions, please ensure you can attend both sessions. Both sessions are two hours, 5:30-7:30
Learning how to cable in your knitting is easier than you would believe. With a cable needle and some yarn, you can elevate your knitting with this new skill!
In this class, we will learn the basics of left and right leaning cables while making the Antler Toque by Tin Can Knits. Students will learn how to read cable abbreviations and charted cables.
Techniques to be Comfortable With
- Basic Knit Stitches: Knit and Purl
- Decrease Stitches: K2tog and SSK
- Knitting in the Round
Required Materials (sold separately)
Antler Toque pattern by Tin Can Knits
- Worsted Weight yarn (120-200 yards)
- US 6 (4mm) 16" circular needle
- US 8 (5mm) 16" circular needle
- US 8 DPNs or 40" circular needle for magic loop
- Cable Needle
- Stitch marker
Please cast on and knit the ribbing before class.
*Please note that for the safety of our community and staff, we require a properly worn mask for all in-person events.
Photos- Credit © Tin Can Knits