Three classes total:07/13/22, 5:30pm - 7pm07/20/22, 5:30pm - 7pm
07/27/22, 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Are you excited to delve into the world of sock knitting, but still unsure of tiny needles or yarn? Then this Sock Knitting 101 class is for you. We will make a pair of DK weight socks perfect to learn the techniques of sock knitting while also feeling fast. DK socks are great house socks, thick winter socks, and hiking socks!
We will knit these socks cuff down with a Heel Flap and Gusset. We will learn techniques such as the German Twisted Cast On and Kitchener stitch.
Techniques to Be Comfortable With
- Basic Knit Stitches: Knit and Purl
- Decrease Stitches: K2tog and SSK
- Magic Loop (if this is your method of choice)
HomeworkPlease knit a 20 st x 10 row swatch before class.
- DK Weight Yarn
- FTC Recommended Yarns: Pishkun, Juicy DK, Arbor, Scout
- You may also hold fingering weight double if you are comfortable with working with two strands of yarn.
- US 3 (3.25mm) Knitting needles for your preferred method
- Small circulars: Addi 8” circular and either DPNS or 32” circular for heels and toes
- Magic Loop: 32” circular needle
- DPN’s: 6” set
Optional: Coordinating Sew-All Thread for reinforcing heels and toes