Sales Associates will:
- Welcome all customers to the shop and create a friendly environment
- Be knowledgeable about products and crafts
- Assess customer needs and provide assistance
- Help customers calculate yardage for fabric and yarn projects
- Use POS system to process purchases
- Restocking and working knowledge of inventory
Applicants should have experience with:
- Customer service (2+ years)
- Cash handling
- Basic Point of Sale system know how
- Textile craft; basic knowledge of knitting, crochet, quilting and/or garment sewing
We are currently hiring for two entry level, full time (30 hours/week), sales floor positions with a wage of $17.50/hour. We have a 90 day trial period for all positions after which, if the position is a good fit, you will become eligible for health care benefits, and to accrue PTO- more details during interview. Sick pay accrual begins on your start date.
Fancy Tiger Crafts is an Employee Owned Co-op. This means that employees may, after working a set number of hours, opt to buy-in and become a partial owner of the business. Owners help with the everyday running of the business, and vote on important decisions. Owners are also eligible for dividends when the business is profitable. Not all employees are required to become owners, and even non-owner employees are included in the democratic decision making processes we value. All new-hires receive a training that details the ownership process.
Open until filled, with a priority review of candidates beginning August 25th. Please email your resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos of your work/crafts are not required, but greatly appreciated and encouraged!