If you're wanting to try out a new craft learn sculptural needle felting, this is a fun and easy project to start with. The finished 12 ft. garland looks great on a Christmas tree, in a kid bedroom or playroom or anywhere else you want to add a bit of fun and whimsy. Once you've practiced making hearts, then you'll be ready to branch out into other sculptural projects.
Time to make: about 3 hrs. depending on individual felting speed.
Kit is beautifully packaged and includes:
- Beginner's Guide to Needle Felting (a bit of general information)
- Instruction Sheet with pictures of every step
- Link to video instructions (highly recommended!)
- 1 mm hemp twine
- Two color-coded felting needles in a handy paper tube
- Felting wool in twelve colors
- Size 18 tapestry needle
You will also need:
A mat to use as a work surface. Choose from foam, burlap, or wool. Once you have a mat, it can be used for many projects (note that foam is the most economical but wears out the fastest).This kit is intended for adults and kids over 10 yrs. who possess good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with focus and care. (Caution - felting needles are sharp!)