In this exciting and versatile class, you’ll learn everything to print your own design onto a t-shirt and cloth patches. Not only will you leave with a t-shirt of your design but with a collection of all the patches we create and exchange in class. You’ll have a mini, wearable-art collection from your classmates to use for mending or embellishing. This class will cover the basics of block-printing on fabric, and in addition to your creations, you will leave with the skills and materials to easily customize anything.
- Transferring designs onto lino
- Carving basics for speedy carve lino
- Fabric printing tips and tricks
- Printing a small-scale, repeat pattern
- Clean-up tips (so you can make any space a print studio)
Required Materials (sold separately)
- 100% cotton T-shirt (not available at Fancy Tiger Crafts)
- (optional) linen, cotton, or viscose (rayon) fabric scraps cut into 6x6 in squares for patches (no polyester blends) - 10 total
- speedy carve lino
- carving tool
- soft-rubber brayer
Be prepared with 1-2 ideas for a design that fits a 4x6 in. frame. This could be a favorite shape or personal motif. We will spend a little time refining designs to be optimal for printing. No drawing skills are necessary! Simple is better, block printing makes very satisfying designs with basic shapes.
*Please note that for the safety of our community and staff, we require a properly worn mask for all in-person events.