The leaves are changing, the temperatures are FINALLY dropping and it is officially feeling like the knitting needles should be casting on for some fall projects. So, why not?
Fancy Tiger Crafts will be hosting a Fall Sock Knit Along starting October 19 featuring the Zener sock pattern from the beautiful book Moon and Turtle by Kiyomi Burgin and Sachiko Burgin.
This pattern calls for one main (possibly 2 depending on your size) skein with two mini skeins or regular skeins of coordinating accent colors. We will be using Knerd String fingering weight and Socks Yeah! with participants getting a 15% off discount when ordering from Fancy Tiger Crafts and using the discount code FancySockKAL. You can find all items here. Participants should order by October 11 in order to ensure yarn is delivered in time for the cast on day of October 19 at the store from 5:30pm - 7:30 p.m. Join us for Craft Night and for a fun beginning to your new pair of socks!
We are very excited to gather in person with our local participants as well as on-line with our greater community across the globe. The Fancy Tiger Crafts community will kick off the knit along in person during our October 19 Craft Night at the store and will continue by meeting with participants during a Virtual Craft Night on October 26 from 5:30-7:30 Mountain Standard Time. Register here to join us!
There will be prizes (in case you need another reason to join us)!
Please share your projects on Instagram, using the hashtag #FancySockKAL. We want to see those beautiful projects throughout the KAL. Post photos by the end of the day Nov. 19th for a chance to win a prize.
- Best in-progress photo - $25 gift card
- Best finished photo - $50 Gift Card to Fancy Tiger Crafts and branded items
So, just to recap.
- KAL Begins - Oct. 19th in the store during Craft Night
- KAL Begins Virtually - Oct. 26, register here
- KAL Continues - Nov. 2 in person
- KAL Continues Virtually - Nov. 9, register here
- KAL In-Person Wrap Up Show and Tell - Nov. 16
- Deadline for publishing #FancySockKAL is by the end of the day Nov. 19
- Winners announced Nov. 22
Find all supplies needed on our website here.