Quilter's Trek is here! If you have been watching our social media, you may have noticed our announcement and block naming contest for our block design for the international quilting event, Quilter's Trek.
The Quilters Trek "Pop of Color" event (formerly Row by Row Experience) is a quilt shop-hop that we have happily participated in for several years. Amber designed our block, The Eye of the Fancy Tiger, and the kit for this block and free pattern are available in our store starting today! Here are all the details you need to join in the fun:
Event Dates: June 21 through August 31
- We will have our own free quilt block pattern, as well as kits for it available. The theme is "Pop of Color" this year. Block designs are 9" blocks, that can be assembled four together into an 18" square, or a 9" x 36" row.
- The first 80 kits sold to customers will include "fabric tokens" which are collectible designs that feature an assortment of Colorado-themed images.
- This year is a little different as the kit will also be available on our webstore so that visitors who are still socially distancing or unable to travel don't have to physically come to the shop to get the pattern. The free pattern will not be available in the webstore during the event, only the kit.
Challenge Dates: July 5 through September 30
- Finish up your quilts and bring them into the shop for prizes!
- A finished Quilter's Trek quilt must include a minimum of 32 nine inch (9") blocks (four blocks each from eight participating shops).
- Completed quilts can not be submitted/accepted by a shop before July 5th.
- We will award a bundle of 15 fat quarters to the first two Trekkers who bring to the Store - during the Challenge dates - a completed - quilted, bound and labeled - Quilters Trek quilt using designs from at least eight different 2021 participating Shops.
- A bonus prize will be awarded if the finished quilt includes our Eye of the Fancy Tiger design.
- Challenge expires on September 30th.
To purchase the kit for our store online, visit here.
To learn about more shops across the state and country, more details about the challenge or to have any other questions answered, visit the Quilter's Trek website here.